Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Veronica Dawn Whitlock

It all started September 5, I had a doctors appointment and I was hoping to be more dilated and effaced than the last time I was at the doctors. I was at a 3 and we were hoping to be anything past that. I was DONE being pregnant. But no such luck. I was still the same.
Since I was seeing the doctor weekly because they discovered our little baby had a single artery umbilical cord back around 16-20 weeks. (meaning she had one vein and one artery instead of two arteries and the one vein) I had seeing the doctor weekly once I started my 3rd trimester to monitor her growth and heart. I was hooked up to the monitors every week. I also had extra ultrasounds to measure her.
Anyway back to my appointment. So we talked and our doctor said I could have my membranes stripped since we were in the clear to deliver anytime. So he did. And nothing. I walked but not like I had the last time I did this while pregnant. We took a walk that night around the neighborhood. I even pulled Carmindy in the wagon up the hills. Still nothing. Whatever. We scheduled my induction that day just to be safe and set up my next appointment for the following week.
Skip ahead two days. Saturday night. I went to bed like normal and around 2:45 a.m. I got up to use the bathroom and felt a little different. I was a little wet. So I went and finished but I kept leaking like alot. I stood up knowing that my water was leaking and it was time to have the baby sometime today!!! So I went to find Grady who was out on the couch watching TV. Yes he was still awake, and I said you ready to go have a baby. We called his dad to come sit with the girls because we didn't want to wake them up and drive them somewhere. I wasn't contracting hardly at all so it was no biggy to sit and wait.
We showed up at the hospital and they hooked me up to the monitors to see what was going on. They also had to check to make sure it was my water. I must have been a little to HAPPY because I don't think they believed me. But the test came back positive, DUH!!! So I was admitted and moved to the delivery room I would be using. Since I wasn't contracting regularly they started pitocin. And we tried to get some sleep. We didn't call anyone because it was so early. We waited until at least 7. It seemed to take forever to make any progress. They would check me every once in a while since I started at barely 3, I moved to maybe 5 or 6. I finally got my epidural and it was so weird because I still felt everything but it wasn't painful. That helped because I finally made it to a 8. My left leg never go numb so I decided to roll to my left to make it numb before pushing. Within a few minutes I felt pressure which I never had before and we were ready to go. We waited for the contraction and with 4 pushes I had her out!! I have never felt anything like that before. It was crazy weird and I was so glad that she was here.
We really hadn't decided on the name Veronica. We were still in discussion faze. We had decided and then we changed our minds just to change them back after she was born. Her middle name is mine.
 
Veronica Dawn Whitlock
September 8, 2013
7 pounds 8 ounces
20.5 inches


No comments:

Post a Comment