Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Life as a mother and a roadie!!

Ok so things have finally slowed down here at our house. Well kinda. I am constantly picking up Taylees stuff because it is everywhere and once it gets put away its right back where it was. She helps but after about two seconds of putting things where they go she likes to dump the totes out or she pushes everything around. Its nothing new I am getting used to the fact. I figure one day my house won't look like a tornado has come through it.
Well Tay is really starting to talk now. Our favorite is asking her where someone or something is because she says her version of I don't know. It makes us laugh. She is picking up new words everyday and sometimes even actions. Like spitting, blowing your nose, clearing your throat etc. She thinks that it is so funny and if you laugh at her because she is acting silly she will laugh with you because she has not idea that its about her. It's great!! She is so fun but if you ever want her just let me know. Some days I need a break.
Well busy hasn't hit us yet. Back when we were dating I would go to band practice with Grady every week and to anywhere they played. Now I don't go hardly at all. But he says I'm still a roadie!! And the band is booked all the way until Labor Day this year. I can't believe they are going to be playing that much. They are playing all over St. George, Cedar City and now they are playing in Beaver. It may be a long drive but they have such a fun time. It will only be busy for me because when he is gone those days playing I have to find things to do. I usually don't go to the gigs except on special occasions but I do get pretty bored with him gone. I guess those are the only times I get to watch the chick flics that he won't watch with me!!! Anyway if you are ever in town or feel like listening go to www.closuretheband.com and check them out. They also have a calendar of all their gigs. I won't remember them all this year there are way too many. And now that you can't smoke in the bars it's nice to be able to go and not deal with it. (Maybe that means all of his gear won't smell so bad anymore!!!) It's great that he has a hobbie!! I have too many and I need to do more with them... One day I will have the space and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment